What does Film mean film to you?
We are firm believers that film is not dead, but why are we fighting so hard to prove that this Art form is still alive and kicking? Upload your images to our Facebook page and tag This Is Film or post to twitter with #ThisIsFilm and lets try discover what makes Film so special to all of us!
Not that you need a reward for doing this but you could win a limited edition LC-A+ Lomography camera with a leather case and
Fuji Mini Film Instant back, to the value of R5000 from the Film Lovers at Exposure gallery.
Your submission can be shot on any film format using any type of film camera – colour, black & white,
negative, positive, 35mm, medium format, large format, half-frame, full-frame – anything goes!
The top entrants as chosen by our judges will be printed and exhibited,thanks to our awesome friends at Orms, at our one-night only Film exhibiton on the 24th October 2012.
Your photo submission must speak film, whether it be through the grain, double exposures, light leaks, colours or textures, or any combination there-of. No digital photographs or digital manipulations/film imitations will be allowed. No Instagrams please. Refer to the T&Cs for more information.
The top photographs will be printed and exhibited on 24 October 2012 during a one-night-only This Is Film exhibition. The photographer that captures the best-of-show image will win a grand prize consisting of a limited edition LC-A+ Lomography camera with a leather case and Fuji Mini Film Instant back, to the value of R5000
How To Enter
Once you’ve selected your best film photograph, simply email a screen resolution version of the scan through to firstname.lastname@example.org – it’s that easy!
If we require a print resolution file, we’ll be in touch.
• The competition is open to all South African residents.
• Your submitted photograph must be taken using any film format and any film camera.
• The image must clearly indicate that it has been taken with film, be it through the grain, double exposure, light leaks, colour or texture.
The film negatives or positives must be available on request.
• Only one entry per person will count. If you submit more than one image, only your first entry will count as a valid submission.
• The submitted image must not exceed 2MB. Larger files will not be accepted.
• Images that contain violence, sex or are otherwise deemed inappropriate will not be accepted.
• The photographs selected for the exhibition will be printed and mounted at the expense of This Is Film.
• The grand prize winner will be announced on the night of the exhibition.
• The prize is awarded as is, and will not be transferable for cash.
• The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 17 October 2012 at 12:00 PM.
• All winning entries will be selected and notified via email by 18 October 2012.
• The exhibition will be held on 24 October 2012, and the work will be showcased for one night only.
• The top entries as well as the grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
• The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Header image - Francois W. Nel